Friday, September 28, 2012

Working in 3DS Max

So every since I spoke with Trick 3D and local animation / VSFX company here in Atlanta (who does awesome work btw.... check em out!) I have been working, when I could, in 3DS Max.  I have been a Maya user for years and I hate to say it.... I think I might convert! I was really wanting an excuse to use the Ivy Generator plug in by Thomas Luft and I needed a project to play with in Max. The scene is done with the Mental Ray sun and sky function and the control you have over the sun is so much easier and more user friendly than in Maya. On top of that I love the fact that you can change the exposure and mess with the shadows, midtones, and highlights in max. You can see a small preview of what your doing then when your are happy..... Render that bitch out! So much easier than moving a light..... rendering, raising the intensity.... rendering....blah blah blah. The more I use the program the more I like it, but I believe that Maya will always have a place in my heart considering it was the first 3D program I EVER learned.

And as always, after I rendered the image, I brought it into Photoshop for a little tweaking to finish it off. My screen is a little dark at my house but I think it still turned out pretty well..... hope you like it

Enjoy...



No comments:

Post a Comment