Monday, December 17, 2012

New Character For My Short Film

Here is one of the characters to my new short film that I am working on. Actually its my old senior film that I created during my senior year at SCAD but it didnt turn out nearly as well as I want it to. However now I have the time to sit down and really think of all aspects of the film and really give the story the dedication that I have been wanting to give it for some time now. Also I am learning so much now that I am in the career field and I am itching to tryout a few new things that I have picked up so far. 

Now some of you might have seen this character before but for those of you would havent here she is.  The main model itself was created by a close friend of mine Travis Overstreet about a year ago. She looked a little different at that time, and no she didnt have hair then either hahaha. That is one of the many things that I will be working on over the coming weeks. I changed the cloak to be thin instead of the fur covered one that I had orinally had on her. The fur was just an added headache to get looking correctly and the time it took to render was nuts.  She originally had decorative flaps in the front and back of her dress but after careful consideration and knowing what a pain it will be in the future to turn everything into cloth I decided to leave the flaps off.  I will be making tiny tweaks to the model either adding or modify existing geo in order to make the character fit the world that she is from and I will be posting my progress as I go.





No comments:

Post a Comment